Spend more time on the bottom! Learn how to use enriched nitrox air on your dives with this course.
Open Water Diver Certification
Learn the basics!
What will you do?
- Learn basic principles of scuba diving
- Practice basic scuba skills in a confined environment
- Execute your skills in an open water environment
- Experience two days (four dives) of boat diving
What will you need?
- Course materials (included)
- Completed medical statement
- Basic scuba equipment (included)
- Personal mask, snorkel, and fins (included)
- not included in group course
- Swimsuit, towel, sunscreen, and a smile
- Group Course Local and mil ID discounts
- Semi-Private Course Most Popular
- Private Course
- 10-11 year old 2:1 instructor ratio
Choose the Honolulu scuba dive course that best fits your schedule!
When you learn to scuba dive, you are opening yourself up to unmatched adventure and beauty. Your SSI or PADI Open Water Certification is the first step. This two day scuba certification course can be scheduled any days you are available to learn to dive. To complete your two day course you will have to finish your digital learning prior to the first day of class.
Included in your scuba diving training is all equipment needed, digital learning, private confined water instruction, and certification.
During your Open Water dives on the boat, your instructor is supervising other guests as well. (Want an instructor all to yourself for all of your training dives? Check out our Private Open Water Course below.)
Day 1- Review your self-guided eLearning along with a morning pool session where you begin to learn the basic skills of scuba diving. You then jump on the afternoon 2 tank shallow reef charter to complete the first session of your open water training dives.
Days 2 – Again, you meet in the morning to complete the confined water training of the course, then on to finish your last two open ocean dives. Successfully completing the diving class allows you to go scuba diving and rent equipment anywhere in the world.
Contact us to receive your digital learning codes to complete your book work and exams online before the course.
This group course introduces local divers to all Oahu has to offer. This is an awesome opportunity for our local friends to get certified on your own time and at a great local price, also open to anyone who is visiting for an extended vacation on Oahu, Hawaii. Take the weekend, having a great time scuba diving during this scuba diving course, and you’re certified for life!
- Complete the classroom/theory portion of the SSI Open Water Course.
- Saturday confined water training over 2 weekends
- Sunday open water scuba dives over 2 weekends
- Student provides personal mask, snorkel, and fins. These can be purchased at orientation if the student does not have personal set. Please come in during the week prior to purchase if needed, student packages start at $135.
There are no hidden costs, no books to buy, gear to rent, etc. In the group course the group may decide on boats dives the second weekend, if so the special rate of $65 would apply, but this is optional. The minimum age to enroll in the group course is 15 years. Ages 10-14 may enroll in a private or semi-private course. Distances between the shop and confined water and boat dives can be considerable, so students should have reliable personal transportation. Transportation is not provided in the group course.
All-inclusive two- day PADI course (one to two person max). This course follows the Semi Private Course schedule. However, your private instructor will have no other responsibilities during the course besides your training and direct supervision. To make any course private for your group, book one person at private course rate and the rest may be booked at Semi-Private rate (no one else will be added to course)
A typical schedule for this scuba diving training begins early in the morning on day one with a digital learning review in the form of an exam. You then complete a few hours of confined water training and then on to the 2 tank afternoon shallow reef dive.
Day two you begin the morning with your final confined water session of scuba diving training and again onto the afternoon dive charter to complete the last two open water scuba diving training dives.
Contact us to receive your digital learning registration to complete your book work and exams online before the course.
- Digital Learning: You can register for the first part of the Open Water Diver digital learning for free! Create a free acount and get started with teh Basic Diver digital learning.